CN Pensioners Associations, Inc.

Turning 65 this year?

If you will be turning 65 this year, don't forget that in order to receive Canada/Quebec Pension Benefits, you must make application for this benefit and should do so at least 6 months in advance of your 65th birthday. As far as the Old Age Security Benefit is concerned, It is not actually necessary to apply for it as Service Canada will automatically contact you regarding enrollment.

Application forms are available from your local HRDC (Human Resources Development Canada) Office. 

Post Retirement Life Insurance Coverage

Post Retirement Life Insurance has been in effect since 1971 for most employees.  The amount varies, depending on which collective agreement you were working under or which level of non-schedule or management position you were working when you retired.  The year that you retired and your age at retirement also determine the amount of coverage.

Pensioners are also reminded to make sure that they have named a beneficiary or that the beneficiary on the policy has not changed.  Making sure now can save a lot of problems later.

If you are in doubt or need clarification you can write to:

CN DMC - Payroll Benefits Administration, 935 de la Gauchetiere St West, Floor 4, Montreal, QC H3B 2M9.