Previous Page

Thread: Facebook !!!

Created on: Apr 12, 2017 @ 10:28 AM
Replies: 1
Facebook !!!
Apr 12, 2017 @ 10:28 AM
DougCharles
Rank #1

In spite of efforts to generate increased participation in our council we appear to be failing. I have called new members, advised them of the benefits of participation, offered to respond to any concerns or inquiries that he/she may have, but with little success. They do not call or attend. Our core of members appreciate our efforts, we have a lively discussion, enjoy each others company and a meal together, but each year we have less and less members attending. Usually due to failing health or mobility problems.
In this changing world is it time for us to modify our approach to communication?
Most new retirees are computer literate, and it is these very people whom we must attract if we are to remain viable.

So, would having a 'Facebook' page dedicated to CNPA (no cost) be a bad thing. It could be a place where folks share photos and stories and regenerate old friendships, much like happens on Facebook for everyone else.

I recently became active (to some degree) on Facebook and immediately started communicating with my old work associates. It was nice to see old photos and share new ones, and to remember those good times.

I must also admit that Facebook is a 'thief of time' and if one is not prudent can become onerous. But it also serves a purpose especially for railway people who have often worked in many places and made friends who are now lost in most respects.

Will it mean the end of our 'Discussion Forum' as we know it? I do not know, but it may even help to generate more users as more members actually find out about our web page and look to it for help.

Link | Top | Bottom

RE: Facebook !!!
Apr 18, 2017 @ 12:10 PM
GaryMitton
Rank #10

I agree that it would be a good idea to have a CNPA Facebook page. I do not have a Facebook account but if there is a CNPA Facebook site, I might, at least be encouraged to view it from time to time, maybe there will be more activity that here. I enjoy visiting this site but would like to see more activity.

I doubt a Facebook page is entirely “work free” and someone would have to maintain to maintain integrity of the area and try to prevent scammers, etc. There may be a way to limit participation to CN people only, but again, I am sure it takes some effort from a “moderator”

Link | Top | Bottom

New Topic Reply
Next Page

Previous Page
Fast Reply
Please login to post a response.