Previous Page

Thread: bicycles, HO scale trains and camping

Created on: Dec 23, 2017 @ 04:47 PM
Replies: 0
bicycles, HO scale trains and camping
Dec 23, 2017 @ 4:47 PM
hugh
Rank #1

Taking a look at this discussion group there is a lack of posts. So I will start something. I am a 3rd and final generation railway worker who apprenticed in Transcona shops-car department in 1977 I believe. Been retired for 10 years, actually will get my first old age pension this month. First hobbies, electric bicycles, I have a fat bike called that because it has 4 inch wide tires that I added an electric motor to, it will go about 60 km's on a charge and of course you pedal it as well, it is an electric assist. Also have a 3 wheeled recumbent trike I built and added an electric assist to it as well. Being low and streamlined it will go about 100 km's on a charge.
For the cold weather months I have a HO scale train, boy have they ever changed. With all the electronics the locomotives make all the sounds the real ones do. Mine is in the basement, it features a small town, a small mountain, lake and river. 2 trains, one a Great Northern diesel and the 2nd an early CN steam engine. The grand kids enjoy watching it. And camping, pretty self explanatory, started off taking the old camper special with my parents out to Malachi when I was a kid, these days a canoe trip or trailer camping trip up into Nopoming park or Birds Hill park in Manitoba.

Link | Top | Bottom

New Topic Reply
Next Page

Previous Page
Fast Reply
Please login to post a response.