Previous Page

Thread: Spousal Membership

Created on: Jun 27, 2017 @ 08:42 AM
Replies: 1
Spousal Membership
Jun 27, 2017 @ 8:42 AM
DougCharles
Rank #1

The following is a communication from our National Treasurer, Bruce Peacock.

"NOTICE TO THOSE WHO ARE PAYING $2.00 PER MONTH TO COVER MEMBERSHIP FOR THEIR SPOUSE"

I for one have never been aware that it was necessary to pay an additional membership fee in order for my spouse to participate in any CNPA activity. Is she a member by virtue that she is my partner? Should there have been a separate membership application for her from the beginning?
How is this additional membership paid?

Can someone provide some clarification on this?

Link | Top | Bottom

RE: Spousal Membership
Jun 29, 2017 @ 1:50 PM
peacock97
Rank #1

First of all, contrary to what Mr. Charles is posting, the communication he quotes ... "is not my quote", so hopefully in the future, if Mr. Charles wishes information, he should not be so careless in misquoting people, or direct his questions directly to those who know the answers. Clearly, a question of this nature can ONLY be answered by the Treasurer of this Association and not be directed to the Discussion page unless there is an ulterior motive.

However, to answer his question, it is NOT necessary to pay additional membership fees for spouses to the CN Pensioners Association. However, according to of some of the Local Council Constitutions, it quotes that in order for any member to have voting privileges in that Council, he/she must be a "contributing member" of that Local Council; therefore, as National Treasurer, I have been asked if it would be in order that a member add an additional $1.00 to their monthly payroll deduction so that the spouse can become a contributing member of said Council (to which I have agreed).

Secondly, I have received several positive comments about the services that the CN Pensioners Association is providing to ALL the CNPA membership, and some pensioners/survivors, knowing that not all CN pensioners/survivors support "their" association financially, have asked to have additional amounts deducted from their monthly payroll deduction in order to assist the Association financially.

Bruce Peacock, Treasurer
National Council CNPA

Link | Top | Bottom

New Topic Reply
Next Page

Previous Page
Fast Reply
Please login to post a response.