Thread: Blue Cross Travel Insurance

Created on: Jan 26, 2018 @ 12:13 PM
Replies: 0
Blue Cross Travel Insurance
Jan 26, 2018 @ 12:13 PM
Rick
Rank #1

This is a letter I wrote to our pension organisation:

"I am retired from CN S&C now for 6 years. We moved from Edmonton to Castlegar BC when I retired. We have been traveling out of country allot and were thinking we had good insurance coverage for up to 2 weeks with Blue Cross. When we travel for over 2 weeks we have always paid for the individual travel ins. through Blue Cross. We now own a place down South also and I had questions about coverage so I called Blue Cross and Mercer but was not getting the answers I expected. I just talked to Butch in Edmonton and found out we did not have that much coverage over the 2 weeks and starting this year have no coverage at all unless we buy the individual travel ins. I did receive the letter from Blue Cross talking about no coverage for 5 days or less. That's what got me questioning coverage. That does not explain things very well, at all. Especially when we thought we were covered for just over 2 weeks, not 5 days. I think it is very important to get a letter out to every pensioner and nonpensioner, to let them know in laymens terms, exactly how travel insurance works through Blue Cross. If there is not a 100% understanding of how travel insurance works, and someone gets into a health concern while traveling. They could lose everything they ever worked for."

Link | Top | Bottom

New Topic Reply
Next Page

Previous Page
Fast Reply
Please login to post a response.